All About Mattress Protectors and Toppers: Which Do You Need?
Finding out what you need to be comfortable in your bed while also protecting your mattress can be confusing when there are so many different products available. To help you discover whether you need a mattress protector or topper, we have put together a series of questions and answers to shed some light‚Ä¶
What is a mattress protector?
A mattress protector is a layer of removable fabric which fits on top of your mattress. As its title indicates, it provides protection, for example, drinks, make up and toiletry spillages and perspiration, that can easily come into contact with your mattress, are kept at bay with a quality protector. It also protects from allergens like dust mites, mold and bed bugs. A cotton mattress protector from DUSK is hypoallergenic and available in a range of sizes.
Benefits of a mattress protector
Some of the main benefits of using a protector are:
- It breathes new life into your mattress. So, if you have an old mattress that has unsightly stains and patches, then it can be a cost-effective way of increasing comfort while decreasing spend. Also, if you purchase a protector with a new mattress, you will be extending the life of it.
- As mentioned, one of the main benefits of a mattress protector is that it keeps your sleeping space cleaner. If you experience asthma or eczema, then it can be particularly helpful to have a protector on your mattress to keep away allergens that trigger your symptoms.
- Extra comfort is gained from having a quality protector on your bed. Protectors made with 100 % pure cotton are breathable and repel moisture away from your body during the night, helping you get a better night‚Äôs sleep.
Have a look at our full range from DUSK, from a single mattress protector, to super king size.Shop Mattress Protectors
What is a mattress topper?
A mattress topper is different from a protector. Although it also sits on top of your mattress, its main function is to provide an extra layer comfort. If you are after a super soft, layer then look no further than DUSK's luxury mattress topper ranges. Our toppers are made with a baffle wall construction and contain a choice of soft goose down filing (70%) along with a tier of white goose down (30%), or 100% feels like down microfibre creating the ideal level of comfort and support.
Have a look at DUSK's collection of luxury toppers, from a single up to a super king size mattress topper size.
Benefits of a mattress topper
- If you have a bed that is too hard or too firm, then you can give it an immediate softness update with a topper. It can often feel as if you have purchased a whole new bed or mattress when you put it on.
- Unlike other forms of topper, one made with a breathable material like cotton, keeps you cool as the fabric does not retain body heat.
- Mattress toppers can often improve your sleep position. Waking up with a sore neck or stiff back can sometimes be as a result of the sleep on a surface you are on. It is worth checking with a physician which kind of support will be best for you.
Don‚Äôt forget, you can buy toppers in a full range of sizes too. A single mattress topper is an ideal way of looking after the the bed in a guest room and a double mattress topper is one of our most popular sizes at DUSK.
Do I need pillow protectors?
In the same way you want to protect your mattress, you should do the same with your pillows. A pillow protector will help keep your pillows looking good for longer and a quilted one will provide a luxury layer too. Made with 180 gsm quilting and 180 thread, cotton pillow protectors at DUSK give you a luxurious and hygienically clean night‚Äôs sleep.
Using a mattress topper and a mattress protector together is the ideal way to not only prolong the life of your mattress and topper but the easiest way of keeping your bed feeling fresh and clean. With a stretchy elasticated skirt the DUSK mattress protectors will fit over most mattresses even with a topper on top.¬†