Is a Down Pillow Better than a Synthetic Pillow?
When it comes to finding a perfect bedding pillow, the best way to categorise them is in terms of filling and outer material. Down is a filling and cotton is an outer material often used to encase the filling of a pillow.
So, for example, with our luxury pillows at DUSK, we use cotton as an external material for pillows and duvets. It’s breathable, soft and easy to clean. We also offer a range of different fillings to suit varying needs. Some people enjoy a very soft pillow, others need more head and neck support and some sleepers prefer a synthetic filling inside their pillow.
A pillow perfect for your sleeping style
Most of us sleep in a certain position each night, even though we may not know it. Maybe you are a back sleeper, side sleeper or a front sleeper. Each sleeping position will affect how you rest your head on your pillow, meaning softer ones can be better than firmer ones for some. If you need your head propped up while you sleep, this doesn’t just mean you need to invest in king size pillows, it simply means you need to take better note of the fillings available.
Goose feather and down pillows
Goose feather pillows are very popular items of luxury bedding. Why? Because they offer a great combination of sublime softness from down and the gentle but firm support of goose feathers. Our ‘goose down pillows’ at DUSK are not just filled with down but goose feathers too. 80% of the filling is down while the remaining 20% is made up of feathers.
Duck feather pillows
In the same way, our duck down pillows are not just filled with down but feathers too, in this range we provide 90% feather and 10% down. This combination provides a strong weight of support which is helpful to people who need to ensure their neck is supported correctly through the night. In some cases, this can prevent waking up with a stiff neck or back.
Alternatively, we have synthetic luxury pillows which are made from 100% Microfibre, this is our Feels Like Down range which is an ideal option if you do not want a natural fibre filling like down or feathers inside your pillow. Oftentimes, this can be because of an allergy or a propensity for skin irritations.
Pillow size tips
We always advise, whether it’s goose feather pillows, throws or single duvet cover, that you check the sizes before you order. We have two different pillow sizes available, standard and super king pillows. See which one is the best size for you. We also recommend measuring your bed to be super sure.